Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 1


There are a multitude of things we can't have on this detox diet, but the one most noticeably absent from my Day One is the morning coffee... No coffee at at all, no caffeine, no sodas... The only kind of tea we can have is herbal decaf tea, so I had two cups today. Herbal tea may not give that morning kick, but at least it's a warm cup to hang on to!
***
It's evening of Day One now, and so far (knock on wood) I don't have a caffeine headache... I'm expecting that on Day Two.
***
Food today: cashew-butter and organic strawberry jelly on gluten-free bread... Not bad! We can have unlimited fruit (anything except oranges) and vegetables (except corn)... I'm not much of a vegetable-lover (except corn) but have had lots of fruit. Tonight we'll have chicken and rice for dinner.
***
Oh yeah -- did i tell you about the gritty stuff we have to drink?.. and the pills?..
but so far so good.

No comments: